Stupefied by the tremendous love and appreciation, I am falling short of words to express my gratitude to the Karnataka Olympic Association for the reward of RS. 75000 to our visually impaired athletes. Your generous gesture will be a prime motivation not only for then but also for numerous athletes pursuing their dreams in sports.
6 visually-impaired runners and their 6 sighted guide runners participated in and completed the Spirit of Pinkathon Run supported by Samarthanam. Mysuru to Bengaluru approx 145 km distance run in 3 days, starting from 23rd January 2019 and concluding on 25th January 2019.
Below is the list of girls and boys who completed their 145km ultra-run with their guide runners :
- Sunitha N.D with Headcoach and guide Bhumika Patel
- Ajay Eranna with guide Sachin Tiptur
- Mala Kolkar with guide Venkatesh N
- Nandeesha Janaradhan with guide Rajesh NV
- Renuka Rajput with guide Bhadresh Shivshankar
- Kavya N with guide Nandish Kumar
The athletes were trained for a period of 4 months with long run sessions, strength training sessions, physiotherapy sessions, yoga session etc. The run started from Mysuru Palace gate on 23rd January 2019 and finished at the Kanteerava stadium on 25th January 2019. The athletes have been recognised with cash award by Karnataka Olympic Association and Department of Youth Services
1)My first vote of thanks should go to the visually impaired athletes Mala, Sunitha, Ajay, Renuka, Nandeesha and Kavya for being such bravehearts. Thank you for trusting the training team and working as hard as we made you to. They have taken tremendous efforts over the last few months. It was not easy for them to get up so early continuously for 3 months, managing their job, their studies, their exams and simultaneously devoting a good amount of time for the workouts.
2) I am thankful to Milind, whose brainchild was this whole idea. He always found time for us and never missed to encourage us.
3) Mahantesh sir and Samarthanam Trust for the disabled. I want to thank you for trusting our team and also for your support all through
4) Next thank you to my team of guides Bhadresh, Sachin,Venkatesh, Rajesh and Nandish .They have worked like a Trojan to make this event happen. Guys, without you we would never have reached here.
5) My crew Renu Sakhare and Sukla Chinnappa who were with me through all ups and downs.
6) My team of bloggers Shradha Dalvi, Sucheta Dikshit, Saroj Kasat and shilpee Sanyal who have been writing for us for the past 3 months and were glued to their chairs for 3 days to write and post updates about us.
7) Rajmata Pramoda Devi Wadiyar has been kind enough to grace our event for the flag off on day 1. Special thanks to her for her presence.
8) Respected Mayor, Gangambike Mallikarjun, your presence here is a booster for us to do more. Thank you
9) Physiotherapy was the greatest need of our journey. A special thanks to Dr. Sitaraman Sudaresan and the team of doctors of Physio-Be-Fit for being there always.
10) I would like to thank Vaishnavi, Anju Maudgal and Prashant Singh for taking efforts to pen down all our updates perfectly and presenting them creatively.
11) The Police department of Mysuru, Mandya, Chennapatna, Shrirangapatna and Bengaluru deserve a very special thanks for escorting us all the way and making sure we are safe.
12) Thank you to Dr. Ashu Shah, MyShah Foundation for the medical supplies.
13) Uma Pai. Thank you for the meeting space and the overall support. Thank you Uma Realty
14) 2GoActive Wear – Gayathri and Mansoor15) JW Marriott Bengaluru
16) Kanteerava stadium for the space to practice and the ceremony
17) Mr. Rueben Kataria and team
18) Runner 360 – Shreyas, Rinka and team
19) Dilip Kumar for Gym bags20) Tulika Ahara – For high Protein diet supply
20) Oiselle for the sports bras, K-deer for the tights for the team.Thanks to Terri Peri from KPMG for handholding us throughout.