2 Weeks before the Run:
- Complete exercise checks with your VI -GUIDE on Guide Website.
- If any red flags/issues please inform Team lead.
4-5 days Before the Run:
- Ensure you have received Virtual Run for Community 2 – Bib. Virtual Guides, please ensure your VI has got bib
- Take a print and write a slogan for your run
The day before:
- Drink fluids (water/juice) consistently- 1-2 extra cups total
- Eat healthy dinner with CARBS (roti/bread, rice, or daal)
Day of Run
- Wake up 1-2 hours before run, eat light breakfast
- Find a place at home to run that is about 1×1 meter or 2×2 meters, or find safe walkway or path in safe place within home property
- Floor/ground is even, good grip (not slippery)
- Shade with no direct sunlight
- Near open windows for good breeze
- OK if outside (in shady area), but not on sidewalk or in traffic area
- Even though you are at home, wear shoes for the run
- Can march or run in place, or alternate march/run
- If there is room to walk/run back and forth, then make sure there is guide/supervisor to watch
- Keep water nearby for drinking if needed
- Have place to sit nearby just in case.
- Warm-Up Dynamic Stretches before session
- It is OK to walk for session
- It is OK to take a break or sit down during session if tired
- It is OK to take quick break to drink water if thirsty
- If there is pain, must stop!
- After session, stretch.
- After session, eat healthy foods with fruits/veggies.
- Guides Please post your run pics in FB group : Guides for VisuallyImpaired with #GuideRunnersIndia #VirtualRunFor Community #AthleteID https://www.facebook.com/groups/1854177928238559/?ref=bookmarks
- VI please share your run pictures in your whatsapp group for visuallyimpaired by Guide Runners India or contact Angha 97570 53740